Outwardly from the original Ford it differed primarily design front end: the Soviet car was used having a simplified shape and trim of the radiator mask with no decorative grilles, unified with a cargo Ford AA / GAZ-AA.
A brief description of the design:
- Car design frame, the frame of the two frame rail members connected the cross beams.
- Clutch - single-plate, dry.
- Transmission - three-stage, three forward speeds and one - back.
- The main gear on the rear axle - a pair of bevel gears with spiral teeth. Final drive ratio - 3.77.
- Suspension front and rear axle - dependent on the transverse leaf springs, with 4 hydraulic shock absorbers revolving type of unilateral action (rotary, Houdaille system).
- Tires - 5,50-16 inch wheels with three-row metal spokes.
- Shoe brakes, with a mechanical drive. Parking brake - tape on the rear axle.
- Turning radius - 5.5 m.